The Lowrider Game
http://www.thelowridergame.com/forum/

cars n things for the cars
http://www.thelowridergame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4279
Page 2 of 3

Author:  impala59 [ Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cars n things for the cars

Mikeymike wrote:
A what is a glasshouse.

Its a impala/caprice from (I think) 73-76

Author:  seattlest [ Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cars n things for the cars

impala59 wrote:
Mikeymike wrote:
A what is a glasshouse.

Its a impala/caprice from (I think) 73-76



correct except only the 2 door models were refered to as "glasshouse" for the huge rear and side windows. more glass less metal. a feature not present on the 4 door and of course the vert. also some call the 77-79 caprice coupes as "glasshouse" for there wrap around rear windows, similar to the monte carlo ss aerocoupe sometimes mistakenly called glasshouse as well.

Author:  SICK54 [ Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cars n things for the cars

GLASSHOUSE
Image

RAGHOUSE
Image

FOR THEM PPLS WHO DONT NOE..

Author:  Mikeymike [ Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cars n things for the cars

seattlest wrote:
impala59 wrote:
Mikeymike wrote:
A what is a glasshouse.

Its a impala/caprice from (I think) 73-76



correct except only the 2 door models were refered to as "glasshouse" for the huge rear and side windows. more glass less metal. a feature not present on the 4 door and of course the vert. also some call the 77-79 caprice coupes as "glasshouse" for there wrap around rear windows, similar to the monte carlo ss aerocoupe sometimes mistakenly called glasshouse as well.



Okay thx

Author:  xSSive [ Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: cars n things for the cars

seattlest wrote:
impala59 wrote:
Mikeymike wrote:
A what is a glasshouse.

Its a impala/caprice from (I think) 73-76



correct except only the 2 door models were refered to as "glasshouse" for the huge rear and side windows. more glass less metal. a feature not present on the 4 door and of course the vert. also some call the 77-79 caprice coupes as "glasshouse" for there wrap around rear windows, similar to the monte carlo ss aerocoupe sometimes mistakenly called glasshouse as well.




77-79's are far from glasshouse's and they have mistakenly been called that....but people are starting to refer to them as "fishtanks" :wtg: :spin: :spin:




Big Marc's raghouse is a nice as ride (street car that can hit the shows :wtg: ) even has the parade boot :hail: :hail: :hail:



Last year at Vegas, Big Marc rollin' with Kita to the SuperShow as we headed out from the Hotel parking lot....

Image

Image

Author:  hittenswitchsallday [ Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cars n things for the cars

Mikeymike wrote:
A what is a glasshouse.

a glas house is a 74-76 with a big piece of glass if u look on google images ull find it

Author:  hittenswitchsallday [ Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cars n things for the cars

seattlest wrote:
impala59 wrote:
Mikeymike wrote:
A what is a glasshouse.

Its a impala/caprice from (I think) 73-76



correct except only the 2 door models were refered to as "glasshouse" for the huge rear and side windows. more glass less metal. a feature not present on the 4 door and of course the vert. also some call the 77-79 caprice coupes as "glasshouse" for there wrap around rear windows, similar to the monte carlo ss aerocoupe sometimes mistakenly called glasshouse as well.

no 77-79 that have a window like a fish tank are called fishtanks my godfather has 1

Author:  hittenswitchsallday [ Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cars n things for the cars

SICK54 wrote:
GLASSHOUSE
Image

RAGHOUSE
Image

FOR THEM PPLS WHO DONT NOE..

actually the 1 at the top is early 70s so thts not a glasshouse the roofs are different

Author:  seattlest [ Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cars n things for the cars

correct except only the 2 door models were refered to as "glasshouse" for the huge rear and side windows. more glass less metal. a feature not present on the 4 door and of course the vert. also some call the 77-79 caprice coupes as "glasshouse" for there wrap around rear windows, similar to the monte carlo ss aerocoupe sometimes mistakenly called glasshouse as well.[/quote]
no 77-79 that have a window like a fish tank are called fishtanks my godfather has 1[/quote]

I dont need to be corrected as I stated, which may have been misinterpeted, 77-79 mistakenly reffered to as well as the montes where glasshouse, never heard of fishtank reference for the caprice but have heard the term fish tank and fish bowl referring to having no tints to show of the interior as well, maybe thats just around here though

Sources: having owned a 72 impala "raghouse" and have corrected people on the "glasshouse" term
having owned a 77 caprice coupe "which DO have wrap around rear window", same corrections to peoples terminology
also having built an aerocoupe monte ss and having some calling it a glasshouse

CLOSE TOPIC I THINK HE GETS IT BY NOW AND ITS WAY OFF TOPIC!!

Author:  hittenswitchsallday [ Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cars n things for the cars

seattlest wrote:
correct except only the 2 door models were refered to as "glasshouse" for the huge rear and side windows. more glass less metal. a feature not present on the 4 door and of course the vert. also some call the 77-79 caprice coupes as "glasshouse" for there wrap around rear windows, similar to the monte carlo ss aerocoupe sometimes mistakenly called glasshouse as well.

no 77-79 that have a window like a fish tank are called fishtanks my godfather has 1[/quote]

I dont need to be corrected as I stated, which may have been misinterpeted, 77-79 mistakenly reffered to as well as the montes where glasshouse, never heard of fishtank reference for the caprice but have heard the term fish tank and fish bowl referring to having no tints to show of the interior as well, maybe thats just around here though

Sources: having owned a 72 impala "raghouse" and have corrected people on the "glasshouse" term
having owned a 77 caprice coupe "which DO have wrap around rear window", same corrections to peoples terminology
also having built an aerocoupe monte ss and having some calling it a glasshouse

CLOSE TOPIC I THINK HE GETS IT BY NOW AND ITS WAY OFF TOPIC!![/quote]
im sayin b/c the 77-79 impalas are called fishtanks

Author:  xSSive [ Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cars n things for the cars

Started out in cali, they started callin' them fishtanks because the back window looks like an aquarium. It's no biggie, not trying to start an arguement... :spin:


And yes fishbowl is no tint...were on the same page there :wtg:

Author:  hittenswitchsallday [ Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cars n things for the cars

also theres no 72 raghouses its only 74-76 glasshouses unless there verts so ther raghouses and yah im only speaking my knowledge n noones tryn to start an arguement like i said im jus speakin my knowledge

Author:  xSSive [ Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cars n things for the cars

hittenswitchsallday wrote:
also theres no 72 raghouses its only 74-76 glasshouses unless there verts so ther raghouses and yah im only speaking my knowledge n noones tryn to start an arguement like i said im jus speakin my knowledge



I'm talking to seattlest....There are technically no 76 raghouses either....They are 75 rags with a 76 clip...they didn't make a rag in 76 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:






Look at all the stuff you could learn on this topic....and people wanted to delete it :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Author:  hittenswitchsallday [ Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cars n things for the cars

xSSive wrote:
hittenswitchsallday wrote:
also theres no 72 raghouses its only 74-76 glasshouses unless there verts so ther raghouses and yah im only speaking my knowledge n noones tryn to start an arguement like i said im jus speakin my knowledge



I'm talking to seattlest....There are technically no 76 raghouses either....They are 75 rags with a 76 clip...they didn't make a rag in 76 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:






Look at all the stuff you could learn on this topic....and people wanted to delete it :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

this is lowriding school right here lmfao n oh i didnt kno dat like i said im jus speakin my knowledge

Author:  xSSive [ Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: cars n things for the cars

hittenswitchsallday wrote:
xSSive wrote:
hittenswitchsallday wrote:
also theres no 72 raghouses its only 74-76 glasshouses unless there verts so ther raghouses and yah im only speaking my knowledge n noones tryn to start an arguement like i said im jus speakin my knowledge



I'm talking to seattlest....There are technically no 76 raghouses either....They are 75 rags with a 76 clip...they didn't make a rag in 76 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:






Look at all the stuff you could learn on this topic....and people wanted to delete it :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

this is lowriding school right here lmfao n oh i didnt kno dat like i said im jus speakin my knowledge




we are achieving goals together tonight fellas....class is in session :contract:

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/